Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Chicken Spaghetti


This recipe was one of my Grandma's favorites and it is delicious! It calls for canned chicken which I usually use, but I decided to get a rotisserie chicken from Costco and shredded it. I used half for the spaghetti and the rest I saved for the next night and made a yummy chicken caesar salad.


Chicken Spaghetti

2 cans (or cups) shredded chicken
1 clove garlic
1 can tomato puree
12 oz. spaghetti
1 red bell pepper, chopped (optional)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup heavy cream

Combine chicken, garlic, bell pepper, and tomato puree and simmer on stove top until thick. Cook spaghetti in half chicken broth, half water. Combine spaghetti and sauce in 9x13 pan and bake covered at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Uncover and mix in the cheese and heavy cream. Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

MMMMmmm. That chicken Cesar salad looks delicious. And so does the chicken spaghetti. Dang it, now I'm hungry.

Anonymous said...

I have been making this recipe for a couple of years now... and we love it! I tried the TJ's whole wheat ziti instead of spaghetti and it was delish!