Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Baked Oatmeal


Remember the Seven Wives Inn? It's the bed and breakfast in St. George that I've stayed at a few times when I'm there for work, and it has the most fantastic breakfast menu. I already posted the granola recipe, and the owner of the inn was kind enough to share the baked oatmeal recipe with me as well.

A word of advice, this oatmeal is quite filling, so don't eat an entire cereal bowl full. I'd suggest baking it in smaller sized ramekins and then serving it with some fruit on the side. Delicious!

Baked Oatmeal


3 cups old fashion cooking oats
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
1 cup milk
½ cup butter/margarine, melted
2 eggs, slightly beaten

In a large bowl mix all ingredients together. Spoon the batter into individual baking bowls. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 35 minutes. Serve warm with milk drizzled on top

2 comments:

Maren said...

Oh my lands- that sounds heavenly! I think I'll make it this weekend.

Amanda B. said...

Wowza...that sounds excellent. Can't wait to try it out!