As if I haven't posted enough muffin recipes already, here's one more to enjoy- and you WILL definitely enjoy these!
Blueberry- Orange Mini Muffins
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup fresh blueberries
Put the butter in a small saucepan and melt over medium-low heat. Let cool for 5 minutes. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a 24-cup mini muffin pan with paper liners.
In a bowl, using a wooden spoon, stir together the flour, the 1/3 cup sugar, the baking powder and salt.
In a small bowl, using the wooden spoon, beat together the milk, egg, orange zest and vanilla. Stir in the blueberries. Add the milk mixture and the melted butter to the flour mixture. Stir gently just until blended.
Using 2 large spoons, one to scoop and one to push, fill each lined cup mostly full with batter. Sprinkle the 2 tablespoons sugar evenly over the tops.
Put the pan in the oven and bake until the muffins are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, 12 to 15 minutes.