Monday, March 8, 2010

Pizza Screen

You're looking at my new favorite kitchen tool- the pizza screen. Friend Laurel told me about these gadgets quite a while back, then she gave me two for Christmas. I was skeptical, because I really didn't have any complaints about baking my pizzas on my old reliable Costco cookie sheets, but the screens have proven themselves. The crust just browns up so much nicer, without being overdone. A couple weeks ago when I had an extra batch of dough that needed to be used, I made two pizzas and did one on the screen and one on the cookie sheet to compare. No contest, the screen took the cake.

I found one here on Amazon, for about 5 bucks. I know Laurel purchased hers at Costco Business Center, and they were only a couple dollars a piece. The one in AZ is on Hayden Rd. in Scottsdale.

No comments: