I've had some Teriyaki sauce from Costco that I'd been wanting to try, so I was searching recipes for Teriyaki Chicken and came across this one from Rachael Ray. I had all the ingredients and it was super simple. My kids were hesitant to try it at first, but after one bite they were hooked! So, so good.
Teriyaki Chicken Lettuce Cups
- 1 tablespoon EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, remove each leaf carefully to create cups
- 4 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 4 zucchini, cut into matchsticks
In a large skillet with 1 turn of the pan of EVOO, brown the chicken on all sides, about 5 minutes.
Add the teriyaki sauce and brown sugar, and cook until the sauce is reduced and the chicken is cooked through, about another 2 minutes.
Serve the chicken in the iceberg lettuce cups garnished with carrots and zucchini sticks.