Tuesday, November 11, 2008

20-minute Chicken Parmesan



This, of course, isn't my photo, but I wish it were because it's so great (thanks Marth). This recipe comes from Tara Winward, my friend from dental school. It is so so good- I am so glad there are leftovers in our fridge at this moment. YUM.

20-minute Chicken Parmesan

4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1/2 cup all purpose flour
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 c. seasoned bread crumbs (I use panko and then add a teaspoon of Italian seasoning)
2 T. olive oil
1 large jar spaghetti or marinara sauce (I like Trader Joes)
1/2 C. shredded mozzarella cheese
2 T. grated parmesan cheese
1/4 C. chopped fresh basil

Season chicken with salt and pepper, then coat with flour. Dip into eggs, then breadcrumbs to coat. In skillet over medium heat, in olive oil, brown chicken on both sides, 1 or 2 minutes. Add spaghetti sauce. Cover, simmer ten minutes, Sprinkle with cheese and basil. Cover, simmer for 5 more minutes til cheese melts. Yours won't look as pretty as the picture because it cooks in the sauce- but it is so tender and flavorful- a crowd pleaser. It pleased my crowd!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: