Monday, November 24, 2008

Coconut Oatmeal Cookies


These are probably my very favorite cookies in the world. One of my mom's best friends makes these and once I had my first bite I was hooked! Thanks Debbie!

Coconut Oatmeal Cookies

1 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup oats
1 cup shredded coconut

Preheat oven to 350. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a bowl. Add sugars, butter, egg, and vanilla and beat until smooth, about 2 minutes. Stir in oats and coconut. Shape to form 1 inch balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart and bake 12 minutes or until tops are golden. Makes 2 dozen.

2 comments:

Bekah Parker said...

I think I will make these tonight. Thank you!

Kelli said...

Mmmmmmm...I LOVE these cookies! I never seem to make them quite as good as Debbie's, but they are still very delicious.