Friday, November 14, 2008

Pancakes with Blackberry Sauce

If you haven't noticed yet, I love breakfast foods. I would eat them for every meal. I've tried pancakes from scratch a few times, but they've never turned out that great; until now. I came across this recipe from For the Love of Cooking and they were delicious! The recipe called for rasberry sauce, but I had blackberries so I used those. So so good.

Pancakes with Blackberry Sauce

Pancakes:

1 cup of flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp white sugar
Combine all ingredients together and mix thoroughly.
1 cup of milk
1 egg
2 tbsp canola oil
1/2 tsp vanilla

Whisk wet ingredients in a separate bowl then slowly combine into dry ingredients, mixing thoroughly (there should be some lumps). Heat a bit of butter in a skillet or griddle over medium heat. Once hot, add a ladle full of pancake dough to the pan and cook for a few minutes; once you see bubbles forming on top of the pancakes, flip. Cook for another 1-2 minutes until done. Serve with fresh raspberry sauce or hot maple syrup. Enjoy!

Blackberry sauce:

1 cup of frozen blackberries
1 1/2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp lemon zest, chopped finely
1-2 tbsp water

Combine ingredients in a small pan over medium heat. Cook until raspberries have melted down and thickens slightly.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Mmmmmmmm...delicious. I'll have some.

Maren said...

If you come stay with me at Christmas, I'll make you some.