Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Creamy Herbed Potatoes


I was wanting to try Pioneer Woman's creamy herbed potatoes, but seeing as how I do not own a mandolin and am not willing to thinly slice enough potatoes to feed the whole Bradshaw clan plus all the extra Sunday dinner guests, I decided to try the recipe but just swap out frozen hashbrowns. Maybe less pretty, but no less tasty. I hope it doesn't affect my standing in the church if I say I like these better than funeral pototoes.

Creamy Herbed Potatoes

1 pkg. frozen hashbrowns
1 stick (1/4 pound) butter
1/2 a small onion, grated (if you must)
8 ounces softened cream cheese
3/4 cup heavy cream
1 cup milk
1 T. finely chopped rosemary
1 T.. finely chopped parsley
1/2 T. finely chopped sage

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add butter to a large skillet over medium low heat. When melted, add onion. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add cream cheese to the pan and stir to melt. Pour in cream and milk, stirring to combine. Season with plenty of salt and pepper, then add chopped herbs. Place potatoes in a buttered baking dish. Pour contents of skillet over the top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake for 45 minutes. Allow potatoes to sit 15 minutes before serving.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Ooohh, I wanted to try these at Thanksgiving, too, but I thought I already had too many starchy vegetables and potatoes on the menu. I will help do the slicing at Christmas if you want to try these again!

Emma said...

they were really good with hashbrowns! :) they didnt taste like really potatoe-y and with ketchup they were really yummy