Sunday, March 8, 2009

St. Pat.'s Menu



I've wanted to try this Jell-o recipe for a while now, and this is the week. I pulled the pic off the internet many moons ago, and I will follow up and let you know if it works.

Rainbow Jell-o

3 oz grape jello
3 oz berry blue jello
3 oz lime jello
3 oz lemon jello
3 oz orange jello
3 oz red jello (cherry, raspberry)
2 cups sour cream

Boil 1 cup water. Pour into a bowl and add 1 box of jello (starting withthe grape). Mix until jello is dissolved. In another bowl place 1/3 cupsour cream. Add 1/2 cup of the jello water to the sour cream. Stir untilcombined. Pour sour cream mixture into 9x13 pan. Place in fridge for 20 minutes or until firm. Add 3 T cold water to the remaining 1/2 cup of jello water. Pour over sour cream mixture in the 9x13 pan. Continue with all the other jello ending with red. Serve with whipped cream on the side and rolos for the pot of gold (or any other candy wrapped in gold foil, such as almond kisses or gold coins).

Menus:

(Candice)
S- dinner at Chris' brother's house, I'm bringing layered salad and Lemon Blossoms (recipe coming)
M- Burgers and dogs at the park for Clarie's b-day celebration
T- balsamic glazed chicken
W- grilled cheese and tomato soup
Th- green noodles, green grapes, green salad and Rainbow Jell-o
F- Kalua pig and pineapple rice
Sat- another birthday BBQ- hoorah!

Happy St. Pat.'s day, one and all!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Bev said...

I've done this recipe before. It's good, but way too much like work for me. I'll settle for the little cups already made in the cooler section at Walmart. My kind of treat. Bev

Kelli said...

Ooh, that is very ambitious of you. But why the green celebration on Thursday?? Isn't St. Paddy's day on the 17th? And I'm excited for your kalua pig recipe...I bought liquid smoke from the store the other day, with the specific purpose of making that recipe in mind.

Shelly said...

Rainbow Jello is one of our favorites!
Instead of Sour Cream I get cordinating colors/flavors of yogurt to mix with the different flavors of jello. It makes it more flavorful:)

I love that you guys have this blog! I use recipies from it all the time...Thanks!