Monday, August 3, 2009

Ebelskiver (and a menu)


This Williams-Sonoma filled pancake (ebelskiver) pan has been on my wishlist for ages. Kelli and Maren gifted me one for my birthday- and I am giving it a try this week. SO excited! My firstborn will be starting kingergarten in ONE week, and we'll be enjoying a first day of school breakfast. The only difficulty is trying to choose a filling... lemon curd, nutella, berry jam... I guess all of them.

Here's what we're eating for din this week:

Sun- Hawaiian chicken, fruit salad, coleslaw, coconut cupcakes

M- fajitas

T- LGO pizza and gelato

W- chicken enchiladas blancas and a green salad

Th- summer corn chowder

F- Girls night out at BJs

Sat- caprese sandwiches
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Angie Milne said...

love ableskivers! cinnamon cream cheese filling is a family favorite. good luck!

kathee said...

I don't see a Hawaiian chicken recipe, or am I being dense?! Sounds yum!

Candice said...

Angie- thank you for the cinnamon cream cheese tip, sounds delish!

Kathee- I will post the recipe for Hawaiian chicken in the next day or so (I'm making it today to take to a neighbor family). Stay tuned. :)

Lisa Harris said...

My mom gave me this a couple of years ago and I have yet to use it. Maybe I will give it a try this week?

Angie Milne said...

whoops, i meant cinnamon whipped cream... haha but cinnamon sugar cream cheese sounds like it might be equally scruptious :)