Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Strawberry Spinach Salad

This is another family favorite. The dressing is what makes it! The recipe actually calls for pecans, but I usually use slivered almonds. I happened to have some pine nuts on hand when I made this last week and I really liked that combination too.

Strawberry Spinach Salad

1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 Tablespoons cider vinegar
3 Tablespoons sugar
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1 Tablespoon poppy seeds
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
10 cups spinach ( I just use 1 prepackaged bag)
2 cups sliced strawberries
1 cup slivered almonds or pine nuts

In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first seven ingredients; shake well. Just before serving, combine spinach, strawberries, and nuts in a large bowl. Add dressing and toss to coat.

No comments: