Friday, February 27, 2009

The Best Pot Roast

I realize this isn't much to look at, but this is hands down the best pot roast ever. I'm not a big meat eater, but I could eat this all the time! You must try it. I shredded mine to put in tacos and it shreds so easily with one fork because it's so tender. You could also serve it as is with a side of mashed potatoes. Yum!

Pot Roast
  • 1 (3-pound) boneless chuck roast
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons House seasoning, recipe follows
  • 1/4 cup oil (vegetable or olive would do)
  • 1 onion, thinly sliced
  • 3 bay leaves
  • 3 or 4 beef bouillon cubes, crushed
  • 2 garlic cloves, crushed
  • 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup

Sprinkle roast on all sides with house seasoning. Using a skillet over high heat, sear roast until brown in oil. Place roast in a slow cooker, and layer onions, bay leaves, crushed bouillon cubes, garlic, and cream of mushroom soup. Add enough water to cover all of the ingredients. Cook on the low setting for 8 hours.

House Seasoning:
  • 1 cup salt
  • 1/4 cup black pepper
  • 1/4 cup garlic powder

Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your site, this is a great recipe, but this particular photo doesn't do it justice. I plan on making this tonight!

The Morgan's said...

Tried over the weekend and it was WONDERFUL. Very tender and I always struggle to have tender roast. Try putting a little flour on the roast after house seasoning before searing. My Mom always does that and it adds loads of flavor.

Cindy said...

Yummy! My mouth is watering, that sounds SO good!
Hugs, Cindy