Thursday, April 30, 2009

Balsamic- roasted Potatoes & Carrots

I'm so mad I forgot to take a picture when I made this, but this is similar to what it looked like, minus the carrots. The flavor is amazing- #1 way to cook vegetables for sure!

Balsamic- roasted Potatoes and Carrots

3 lbs potatoes (whatever kind you like), cut into chunks
1 lb peeled baby cut carrots ( or 4 large carrots cut into chunks)
4 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
1 onion, thinly sliced (if you must)
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup melted butter
1 tsp. dried thyme
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper

Preheat oven to 425. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil and set aside. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and place on baking sheet in a single layer. Cover with foil and roast for 45 minutes, shaking the pan a few times. Remove foil and roast, uncovered, for another 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until veggies are tender and golden.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

I'm pretty sure mom took a picture of it; at least I think there was a picture of this dish included in the slew of pictures she sent me.

Maren said...

Yes, but the way mom sends pictures it won't let me copy or save them to my computer blast it all.