Sunday, September 28, 2008

Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole




Since Chris and I have been married, I have decreased the number of times I cook with canned cream-of-something soup from about 4 times a week to about once or twice a month. I have come a long way. But sometimes you just need a casserole, and sometimes a can of cream of chicken just does the trick. This was tonight's Sunday dinner- and it was GOOD. Rave reviews from the adults as well as the persnickety, finicky kids.

Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole

4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
8 slices of deli ham
4 square slices of swiss cheese
1 small can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup half and half (or milk)
1/2 a package of Pepperidge Farm Herb Stuffing
1 1/4 cups chicken broth
1/4 cup butter

Cut each chicken breast in half, making 8 pieces altogether. Top each chicken piece with a slice of ham. Cut the swiss squares in half to make 8 rectangles; top each chicken piece with a piece of cheese. Mix soup and half and half and pour over top of chicken. Melt butter, stir into chicken broth, and add stuffing. Top casserole with stuffing mixture. Bake covered at 350 for 40 minutes, then remove foil and bake for 10 minutes more. YUM, yum, yum, yum, yum- Delicioso! (Name that show.)
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

muth said...

Take my word for it, everyone!!! It was absolutely yummy----I was there.
It looks relatively simple and is extraordinarily delicious!!!!!

annelise said...

looks great, and i think the show is Dora the explorer... Do I get a prize?
hugs

Candice said...

Carmen- YOU WIN!! And yes, you get a prize, just give me a minute to think...
I better hurry, though, I have less than a week!

lisa said...

Found your blog through a friend, tried this dish, loved it, and will make it again! Thank you!