Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Code's Famous Bundt

Confession: I've never made this cake myself, but I've eaten it MANY times, and I can easily say without any hesitation whatsoever that it is the best chocolate cake (bundt or otherwise) that I have ever sunken my teeth into. Honestly, words cannot describe. Thanks to Code for sharing the recipe and giving me permission to post it here!

Code's Famous Bundt

1 yellow cake mix
1 3oz. pkg instant chocolate pudding (I use chocolate fudge)
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup water
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sour cream
4 eggs

Blend on low speed--cake mix, sugar, & pudding. Add water, oil and sour cream and blend well. Blend in one egg at a time and mix well.

Make sure you grease your bundt pan with Crisco and then dust with flour. Bake at 350 degrees 50-55 minutes (each oven varies so be sure to check it--the toothpick trick works).

Let it cool for about an hour before flipping it over. Best served with your favorite ice cream flavor.

(note: If you're really looking to impress your friends and family, sprinkle powdered sugar on the completed bundt before cutting and serving--mmm lookin' good!)

3 comments:

Bekah Parker said...

I have to agree it is the best bunt cake I have ever had and I am an expert when it comes to anything chocolate.

Ann said...

This cake is much better if you add 1 cup of chocolate chips to it!!! I got this recipe from my mother-in-law and it is my husband's favorite cake!

Ann said...

Oh, I almost forgot, I make it with a chocolate fudge cake mix.