Saturday, June 6, 2009

Foods from Yesteryear

 
 
 

Today I came across this photo gallery which shares photos of less-than-appetizing foods from the 50s and 60s. I am especially intrigued with this "party loaf", where they take an unsliced loaf of white bread, slice it
horizontally, spread each slice with a different filling (pimiento cheese spread, egg salad, tuna salad, etc.), then frost the whole thing with cream cheese, and garnish with parsley and radish slices. UNREAL. I am thinking these would be the perfect dishes to serve for Mom n Dad's birthdays this year.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

annelise said...

Candice! we have that in Brazil and they call it "cold cake" the outside is forsted with mayo and the layers are chicken salad... It is really good...
hugs

Karina said...

I actually made that layered loaf cake not too long ago for a baby shower. I must admit, I do have a very old Betty Crocker cook book that probably inspired me, but it tasted great.