Friday, June 26, 2009

Broccoli Chicken Casserole

I'd be willing to bet that everyone has their own slightly different version of this recipe, but this is ours. It is definitely a classic and a Bradshaw family favorite.

Broccoli Chicken Casserole

2 pkgs. frozen broccoli
2 pounds chicken
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 pint sour cream
1 c. mayo
juice of 1 lemon
parmesan cheese
buttered bread crumbs
2 c. grated cheese

Cook broccoli slightly. Cook chicken and cut into bite sized pieces. Mix soup with sour cream, mayo, and lemon juice. Place broccoli in bottom of large, well-greased casserole dish. Pour 1/2 soup mixture over broccoli. Add chicken. Sprinkle 1/2 the cheese over the chicken. Add remaining soup mixture and remaining cheese. Add a thick layer of buttered bread crumbs and sprinkle with parmesan. Bake at 325 for 45 minutes.

3 comments:

Jolynn said...

Oh yum! I haven't had this in forever! I think I could go for some now it looks so good...even though I'm still full from Noodles! Thanks Kel!

Maren said...

I don't know how this hasn't been posted on here until now- good job! Looks delicious!

Becky said...

I made this tonight and it was the best casseole I've ever had, my husband agreed! thanks for posting!