Sunday, October 12, 2008

Dumplins


Maren, Mom and I made a spur of the moment decision on Wednesday. No more sugar 'til Halloween. Now, of course, by this, we mean, no more mindless sugar intake (ie: the 6 Kit Kat bars I had on Monday). Once a week, we allow ourselves a real live homemade dessert, worthy of royalty. But it better be worth it, because we ain't doin' this in vain for nothin'. Wednesday night, I passed up the cookies and candy at mutual. Thursday, Maren and I passed on the free chocolate sample from the really nice lady at See's. Friday, Maren passed on Thrifty ice cream cones and I passed on Matix's birthday cake and Chelsea's pumpkin chocolate chip cookies (killer). Mom did really good, except for the Wendy's Frosty, and it doesn't really count cuz it was on a road trip. So proud of us!!! Then, just when we were starting to feel a little crazy from our deprivation...



We fixed things by making Pioneer Woman's Apple Dumplins. Please try them, as soon as possible.



And don't tell Dad about the Mountain Dew.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

annelise said...

They are the best... I made it and we loved. I made some real whipping cream to go with it... so good.