1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup sugar
1 large or 2 medium eggs
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups shredded, unpeeled zucchini
1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
1. Grease bottom and sides of a 8x4x2 inch loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, combine sugar, oil, egg, zucchini and lemon peel. Mix until well combined.
4. Add zucchini mixture to the dry ingredients and stir just until moistened. Fold in walnuts or pecans.
5. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
6. Cover with aluminum foil and bake another 10 minutes or until center is cooked through.
7. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes before removing loaf from pan to cool completely on the wire rack.
8. For added yummy-ness, brush melted butter over the top of the bread and sprinkle with a cinnamon/sugar mixture.