Monday, October 20, 2008

Peach Blueberry Smoothie

I've been on a smoothie kick lately; we have them at least 3 times a week with breakfast. There are so many fruits that go together it's hard to decide what to make some days. This particular morning I was in the mood for a peach banana combo and decided to throw in some blueberries and it turned out to be one of my favorites! These measurements are just guesstimates; you can use more or less depending on how you like your smoothies.

Peach Blueberry Smoothie
(serves 4)

2 cups frozen peaches (or 1 bag from Trader Joe's or Sprouts)
1 large banana, cut into chunks
1 cup frozen blueberries
3 cups orange juice

Add all ingredients to blender; blend until smooth.

2 comments:

Lisa Harris said...

have you tried a handful of spinach?? You can't even tell.
Our fav is big handful of spinach, frozen blueberries, frozen raspberries, orange juice and some ground flax. I make a big thing of it, freeze half and the girls think it's better than a popsicle. Yum.
Oh and the huge bag of fresh spinach at costco freezes really well, just take a handful out of the freezer at a time. easy.

Maren said...

Smart Lisa! I do use spinach sometimes, but I always end up wasting half the bag because I don't use it fast enough. Why didn't I think to freeze it? Thanks for the tips.